Welcome to this week’s edition of Mitch’s Monday Happy Hour! Here’s what I’d have to share if we were meeting for Happy Hour this week . . . . .
- First of all, I apologize for skipping last week’s Happy Hour! In fact, this week’s edition almost didn’t happen either . . . . It’s currently 10:30pm and I’m laying on the couch exhausted, but I thought I would throw something together quick for you.
We Have a Roller
- It was a big week for Hayden, he rolled over for the first time from his back to his stomach! Of course we didn’t get the first roll on video, and in fact, we still haven’t got one of them recorded! In a world where it seems like people are constantly glued to their phones/cameras, every time he rolls we shout, “where’s my phone, where’s my phone?!?!?!?!” We never find it in time!
We found Hayden’s Kryptonite
- Hayden received his 4 month vaccinations this week. Here in Kuwait, the government requires children to get certain vaccinations. Since they are required, you have to go to one of the Government Clinics, which is unlike any hospital/clinic I’ve ever been too. It’s crowded, the waits are long, nothing seems organized, and they are only open certain hours each day. It sure makes us feel grateful that we have health insurance so that we can attend the private clinics/hospitals for medical care. The nurses we had were fantastic and Hayden was a totally stud! Once the needle poked him in the leg, he gave us a weird look and just crinkled his eyebrow. He let out one small wimper, which I translated to, “ouch!” No tears, no crying, just a total tough guy! However later in the night we noticed a booger in his nose, so we grabbed his lil’ boogy sucker thingy (I think this is the official name). As soon as he saw that thing near his nose, he let out a bloodcurdling screammmmm! He’s our little macho man, but he hates this thing, so apparently the boogy sucker thingy is his kryptonite.
We Love Vacations
- On Wednesday of this week, we are heading to Oman for a 4-day weekend to visit our friend Mike and his family. Mike was the person who encouraged us to consider a life overseas, and specifically in the Middle East. Since he moved to Oman over 5 years ago, we kept telling him that we were going to come visit, and the time has finally come. We’re excited to explore Oman, check out some of their amazing beaches, and just enjoy a cold beer with a great friend.
- This weekend, Kuwait is celebrating it’s two largest holidays of the year, and they are on back-to-back days! On February 25th Kuwait is celebrating National Day, which marks the creation of Kuwait as a country in 1961. On the next day, February 26th, Kuwait celebrates Liberation Day, which marks the end of the Gulf War in 1991 when Kuwait liberated from the Iraqi invasion. As a result of the holiday weekend, we only have a 4-day week this week! Get this though . . . when our week was half over here in Kuwait (2pm on Monday) the work week in Minnesota hadn’t even started yet! (it was 5am on Monday) Woohoo, only 2 more days until vacation!
See you next week ya’all!