Welcome to this week’s edition of Mitch’s Monday Happy Hour! Here’s what I would share if we were meeting for Happy Hour this week:
Hayden is 4 Months Old!
- It’s hard for us to believe, but lil’ Hayden turned 4 months old this week! It blows our minds how fast the time has gone by, but it also kind of feels like he’s been around for a lot longer than that too. The lil’ dude tugs at our heart strings on a daily basis and has brought so much joy and love to our family, that words can’t even begin to describe it. It’s probably a bit hard to tell from this family selfie we took, but at his last doctor’s appointment, his head size was in the 75th percentile, his weight was in the 97th percentile, and his length was off the charts! This
lil’HUGE guy is getting so big, and our Pediatrician calls him Hercules. Hopefully he’ll make his parents a lot of money in the NFL someday!
Mosque in a Roundabout
- The other day I was driving in an unfamiliar part of downtown Kuwait City, when I came across something very interesting . . . . a mosque in a roundabout! It was dark out (sorry for the crappy picture) and I was just following along with the Google Map on my iPhone, and knew that I had to turn at the next roundabout. However when I looked up, there was a beautiful mosque that looked like it was in the middle of the road! There are so many elegant mosques here with mesmerizing architecture, but this one really caught my attention since it was in the middle of a roundabout. During our tour of Kuwait’s Grand Mosque, I remember our guide telling us that once a mosque is built, it can’t ever be torn down. They can remodel and upgrade it, but it can never be destroyed or removed. Which made me think . . . . . . was this particular mosque built before the roads, and so the engineers had to divert the traffic around it . . . . . hmmmmmmmm, not sure!
I did a bit more research on it (like 5 seconds on Google) and found out that it is called the Murgab Mosque at Al-Shamlan Roundabout. Here is better photo of it thanks to http://www.dreamstime.com:
Someone Found a Land Mine in Kuwait
- I love reading the local newspaper, the Kuwait Times, because you never know what you’re going to find. Speaking of finding something, apparently people are still finding land mines from the Iraqi invasion 25 years ago in the desert outside of Kuwait City!
- I was driving the other day and got stuck behind this guy. It might be hard to tell from the photo, but the truck was leaning BIG time to the left. At the next intersection, he took a sharp right turn, and I just stopped in traffic, waiting for the entire rig to flip over on it’s side! Luckily it didn’t, but I swear his tires were off the ground.
Make Yourself Proud
- I stumbled across this quote online a few months ago, and for some reason it just hit home with me. So much so that I took a screen shot of it and saved it on my iPhone. I kind of forgot about it until I was looking at old photos the other day, and it brought a smile to my face again! I was asking myself the same questions two years ago, when we were debating on if we should move overseas to the Middle East. (for the record though, I never dieted, cried, or hated myself, I just questioned and wondered if we would regret it) I finally got to a point though where I just said, “we only have one shot at life, let’s live it up!” So I leave you today to ponder the question, Are you making yourself proud? If not, remember . . . . you only have one life, spend it well, go out and live! Make yourself proud!!
Adios for now everyone! Come back again on Wednesday though to see what decision we chose from our previous post. Are we going to stay in Kuwait, go back to the United States, or move to another country? See ya then!