Happy Monday Everyone!
Lately, Mondays mean two things: blogging the weekly Happy Hour post and LAUNDRY! For the third Monday in a row, I’ve been unpacking a suitcase and doing laundry from a vacation. I was just looking at a calendar . . . . . and realized a few fun facts regarding my April 2015 calendar:
- As of April 25th, I’ve only worked 7 days this month!
- Of the 18 days I’ve had off in April, I’ve only been here in Kuwait for 2 of them!
- There are 4 weekends in April, and I haven’t been home for any of them!
- During the month of April, I’ve slept at 6 different hotels!
I’ve been pretty fortunate to do so much traveling this month! One of the main reasons we decided to move overseas was to enjoy the ease of visiting and exploring so many new places.
- This weekend I took a trip with some friends to Abu Dhabi, in the United Arab Emirates. If you recall, Rachel and I spent a few days there last October for my birthday. (you can refresh your memory by reading HERE) I went this weekend to umpire at a high school baseball/softball tournament. Rachel was going to accompany me again this weekend, however she was super, super, I mean SUPER busy growing a human! We figured it was best for her to just chill out, relax, and take care of Baby J. At the tournament this weekend, there were schools from Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, and India. I called a total of 15 games in 3 days! It was super hot outside, but a great tournament and a fun experience to do some more umpiring at another international tournament!
- I’m sure most of you saw the picture that Rachel posted last week regarding our exciting news . . . . we’re having a baby! We couldn’t possibly be more excited! It has been hard to keep it a secret for so long, however we now feel comfortable enough to share the news with all of our family, friends, and the people who read our blog. It is difficult to keep your excitement tucked inside for so long! When the doctor confirmed the pregnancy a couple of months ago, I just wanted to run to the highest point around and scream at the top of my lungs “I’M GOING TO BE A DAD!” However with pregnancies, we know there comes risks. So we just wanted to wait a while to make sure that we had a healthy lil’ person growing inside.
- I’m a huge sports fan, and thankfully because of the internet, I’m able to keep up with all of my favorite teams from back home. I’m super pumped that the Minnesota Wild have advanced to the next round of the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs! Their next opponent is the Chicago Blackhawks, who just happen to be the favorite team of a few of my close friends here in Kuwait. I have a feeling that that there is going to be a lot of trash talking, bantering, and sleepless nights as we stay awake throughout the night to watch the games live online! Go Wild!
- We have officially started our countdown until summer . . . . . . we only have 46 more days until we fly back home for the summer! It is still incredibly weird how fast this year has gone by. It is crazy to think that May 1st is this weekend, when it seems like we just moved here. We are getting super excited to see all of our friends and family this summer, and can’t wait to spend some time at the lake!
That about wraps it up for this week folks. Luckily I don’t have the shakes this week, because I’ve been able to drink for 16 of the last 25 days!! (hahaha) Until next time . . . . . . .