Happy Monday Everyone!
If we were getting together this week for Happy Hour, here’s what we would have to share:
- It is officially getting hot here! All of a sudden last week, as if someone flipped a switch, the heat just cranked up. It went from the low 90s (which feels great) to temps over 100! The good news is that we only have about a month left in Kuwait before we head back to America for the summer months. The bad news is that it is going to get much hotter here before we leave in June! From what I understand though, we are pretty lucky this year with the temperatures. Typically the heat arrives at the beginning of April, so we’ve dodged it by a whole month.
- Due to the increased heat, we’ve had to bump our “weekend walks” to early morning strolls. Last weekend, we left about 7:30am, and the temperatures were already at 95 degrees! It was a bit warm, but we knew we knew that this would be the most enjoyable part of the day. We found a nice little walkway along the beach pretty close to our apartment. The best part about going so early, is that there was hardly anyone out-and-about at that time of day. Our “weekend walks” are one of the most enjoyable parts of my week. It allows us to kind of get away from everything, and just talk! We discuss life, work, future plans, and just kind of reflect on life.
- After our walk along the beach, we decided to treat ourselves for breakfast at one of our favorite little cafes here called The Early Bird. It’s just like any cafe you would find in North America, with a menu consisting of eggs, pancakes, french toast, etc. They have bacon and sausage too, but unfortunately it’s beef, so not as delicious as we are accustomed to.
- At breakfast I was wearing a t-shirt from our hometown back in Minnesota, pictured above. While eating breakfast at the cafe, a guy at a table next to us asked me, “are you from Minnetonka?” I was a bit surprised by the question, and responded hesitantly with a, “ya, have you heard of it?” He smiled, and said he was from the city of Golden Valley, which borders Minnetonka! It is such a big world out there, yet small too. Encounters like this definitely put things into perspective.
- Last week we published our 100th post! While our posting has slowed down a bit the last couple of weeks, we are still dedicated to keeping this blog up to date, especially with the arrival our first baby soon!