We live in the Middle East, but sometimes it seems like we are still living our old life back in America, our days can be so typical. Let’s take Monday for example. Monday is our evening together, no one is tutoring, no one is coaching soccer, no commitments after 2:00pm. It is glorious. So what do we do with a free evening together? Without thinking about it, we had an evening like many of our friends and family could have on a nightly basis.
- After work we headed to the mall to run a few errands
- We picked up a new curling iron for me, as mine decided to stop working that morning with my hair half way curled
- We sat down at PF Changs for dinner
- Ran over to Steve Madden to grab some new sandals for me. Side note: living in the desert is extremely hard on your shoes
- Stopped into the North Face store to look at clothes for Mitch
- Headed home and caught up on last weeks episode of Modern Family
It wasn’t until we were laying in bed that night and I pointed out how crazy typical our evening was, that we both realized that as much as our life has changed in the last year, so much of it is still the same.