Happy Monday Everyone!
If we were meeting for Happy Hour this week, here’s what I’d have to share . . . . . . . . . . .
- MY PARENTS COME TOMORROW! Rachel and I are very excited for our first visitors to Kuwait. It’s going to take them about a day and half to travel the nearly 10,000 miles from Minnesota to the Middle East, but I think they are going to love it here. I’m excited for them to get a little sample into our lives and see for themselves how great it is AND how safe it is!
- We have all of next week off for Spring Break and cannot wait for our trip to Jordan. We fly out this Friday and will be there all next week. Sooooooo if there aren’t any new blog posts next week, it’s because we will be off exploring the Dead Sea, the Wadi Rum Desert, the Red Sea and of course Petra!
- Here in Kuwait there are two radio stations that play english/american music. It’s your typical “Top 40 Hits” however there is a catch. The list is from about 10-15 years ago!!! So there is a lot of Nelly, Shaggy, R. Kelly and all of those other guys from the previous decade. It’s actually a lot of fun to listen to them because they bring back so many great memories from our college days!
- I was driving home the other day when I noticed a stoppage in traffic ahead. There were hundreds of people crossing the street, causing a mini traffic jam. There were so many people that it looked like a 5k race was crossing the street! I couldn’t figure out where all of these people were suddenly coming from, until and I looked around and noticed a mosque. I looked at the clock and soon realized that prayer time had just wrapped up, and everyone was leaving the mosque and walking home. Living in the Middle East and seeing how dedicated the Muslims are to their faith is such a reenergizing experience.
- Even though it still feels like we just got to Kuwait, today we were reminded that summer is coming fast! We got an email from our employer with our return air tickets home for the summer! School is over the first week in June, but before we head home, we are going to spend a week in Portugal with some friends. Now that our airfare is all confirmed, we can start booking our accommodations and stuff for this trip! We sent our itinerary to our favorite travel app called TripIt, and were informed that we leave Kuwait in 75 days! Say what! Where the heck did the time go?!
See ya for now everyone!